For Immediate Release
Friday August 10, 2012
As a leader in casino technology in Northern Nevada, the Eldorado Hotel Casino is proud to announce the release of three brand new mobile products including an iPad app, a free slot game available for iPad and iPhone and a fully integrated mobile booking engine for easier room reservations via mobile device.
“The Eldorado is truly leading the way when it comes to casino mobile technology in Northern Nevada,” said Gene Carano, Eldorado’s vice president and general manager. “These new features and enhancements are a way to address our guests’ current and future needs as their rapid adoption of mobile devices continues.”
After the success of the iPhone and Android apps that were launched in late 2010, the Eldorado developed a new iPad app to make sure guests had the best possible experience on whichever mobile device they choose to use. The new iPad app is optimized for the tablet’s increased screen size, giving tablet users a bold and vibrant browsing experience.
Cash Spin, a free “play-for-fun” slot game available on the iPhone or iPad, is a new enhancement to the Eldorado app. Cash Spin allows users to play for free from within the Eldorado app. They can touch and drag to spin the bonus wheel, much like the popular game found on the casino floor with its revolutionary U-SpinTM touch-enabled wheel.
The mobile market continues to explode with more than 400 million active Apple accounts and one million Android devices activated each day. Since its debut, the Eldorado app has had nearly 200,000 downloads and more
than 1.5 million page views. Other features in the app include:
- Customer rating and feedback surveys with instant reporting, which provide a real-time customer satisfaction gauge and the opportunity to address concerns while guests are still on property.
- Location-based content, which allows guests to receive specific offers depending on where they are. Customers at the airport see different promotions than guests on the casino floor, for example.
- A slot finder, which gives guests the ability to search for a specific slot by name, game type, section or denomination.
- Bookmarks and plan itinerary feature, whereby users can create their own itinerary by using the bookmark feature in the app.
- Meetings feature in which event attendees can see private, passkey-protected content only accessible to registered attendees. They can access up-to-the-minute event schedules, programs and materials, speaker bios,
break-out room agendas, convention maps and more.
- Offline mode for browsing and note-taking while not connected.
- QR code reader, which allows users to take advantage of the app’s embedded QR code reader technology to unlock special offers throughout the property using their mobile phone’s camera.
- Restaurant menus and reservations feature gives guests the ability to view menus and photos and use a call to action button to make reservations.
- Smart, customizable JPEG and GPS maps with Remember a Parking Spot feature. This dynamic mapping feature allows users to easily access overhead custom GPS maps of the property and the surrounding area. Users can drop a pin onto the satellite map to remember where they parked, meet friends or get directions to the airport.
- All-content search located in the upper left corner of the app allows the user to search for specific content within the app.
- Star rating system where customers can rate any page on the app using a five star rating system.
In addition to the apps, the Eldorado has also developed a fully-integrated mobile booking engine. Designed specifically for mobile devices, users won’t have to pinch, zoom or scroll in order to complete a booking, making for an easier, more streamlined user experience.
The new mobile products come after a major revamp of the Eldorado website late last year, which features enhanced visual elements, improved navigation and a new overall message that showcases the Eldorado’s award-winning reputation for heartfelt guest service. The website won the prestigious “Best in Class” award from the Interactive Media Council for excellence in website design and development.
For more information, visit the Eldorado’s website at www.eldoradoreno.com. Stay up on the latest updates and information on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or the Eldorado’s iPhone and Android Apps, available for free in the Apple Store and Android Market.